Eastern Lift Truck Co., Inc.
Who are we?
Eastern Lift Truck Co., Inc. is a family owned company, celebrating 50 years strong, next year. We provide sales, parts, rentals and service in all areas of the Lift Truck, Material Handling and Allied product business. ELTC has built a reputation for outstanding service, exceptional quality, and unmatched reliability for the past 50 years. Our core mission is to be our customer’s number one choice with ALL of their material handling needs. The work we do is highly valuable to society and vitally important to our quality of life because everything a consumer touches once was touched by a forklift!
At ELTC, our employees are the ‘heart and soul’ of the company. We seek out the best talent and offer tremendous opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and benefits for individuals who want a career with a great company that maintains a family feel.
Currently we are seeking a Technician Apprentice based out of our Newark, Delaware branch.
The Technician Apprentice is an entry level position where you can expect to learn the mechanics of material handling equipment maintenance, diagnostics and repairs. As a Technician Apprentice, you are eager to learn! You ask questions, observe, and emulate the values we adhere to here at ELTC. Having a mentor to guide you through our 6-9 month formal training program, they will mentor and train you on everything from how to maintain all safety standards to how to interact with customers. From classroom modules to hands on training in the shop, we want to get you up to speed to become a Road Technician.
If you are mechanically inclined, a self-starter, motivated and looking for a unique challenge, we want to speak with you!
Technician Apprentice Responsibilities and Duties:
Technician Apprentice Requirements:
- Learn how to perform routine maintenance, diagnose and repair material handling equipment (forklifts, aerial lifts, pallet trucks, etc.)
- Complete required training certifications
- Assist mechanics in the shop when necessary
- Maintain industrial batteries (charging, testing, watering, and washing)
- Complete small repair jobs at the request of the Shop and Branch Manager
- Work diligently to keep shop organized and clean
- Unload delivery trucks as needed
- Stock shop supplies as needed
- Perform general facility maintenance and housekeeping
- Provide courteous and professional service
- Strictly adhere to all health and safety protocols
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with Company and OSHA Standards
Eastern Lift Truck offers competitive wages and excellent benefits including:
- Some formal mechanical training strongly desired
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Ability to learn quickly and follow directions
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Mechanically inclined (preferred)
- Clean driving record A MUST
- Own a set of mechanics tools (can be purchased from ELT)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- References (previous employers)
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Plan.
- 401k with partial company match
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Basic and supplemental life insurance policies
- Paid vacation, comp days, and holidays
- Company provided uniforms
To learn more about our growing company, please visit our website at www.easternlifttruck.com
“Eastern Lift Truck is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets”