Planned Maintenance Technician / Forklift Mechanic
(This is not a Forklift Operator position. We sell, rent and service Material Handling Equipment.)
Eastern Lift Truck Company, Inc.,
a leader in forklift sales and service for over 40 years, was built on the motto "We're Known For Good Service." ELT provides excellent sales and service in all areas of the Material Handling Industry including Lift Trucks, Compactors and Balers, Commercial Dock and Doors, and Allied Solutions. We’re expanding and looking for motivated people who wish to contribute and be a part of our growth. Currently, we are looking for Planned Maintenance Technicians (Mechanics)
in York, PA
and the surrounding areas.
Our technicians work Monday through Friday and are home for dinner. They get paid for the actual time they spend working, not the time from a labor guide. All services are performed in-the-field at our client’s locations. Technicians are provided a company owned service van/truck and are dispatched from their home.
Planned Maintenance Technician / Forklift Mechanic Main Duties:
Planned Maintenance Technician / Forklift Mechanic Requirements:
- Perform scheduled routine maintenance on material handling equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, pallet trucks, etc.).
- Check all fluids, tires, cooling system, belts, fuel injection system, exhaust system, engine idle, battery water levels, battery cables, load and caster wheels, drive unit, contactors and switches, lights and alarms, etc.
- Inspect lift chains, lift anchors, forks, fork pins, bearings, cylinders, hydraulic hoses, steering system, etc.
- Change oil and filter, air filter, fuel filters, etc.
- Clean battery terminals
- Identify potential issues and recommend repairs as needed
- Provide courteous and professional service
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with Company and OSHA Standards
Eastern Lift Truck offers competitive wages and excellent benefits including:
- Experience inspecting and maintaining material handling equipment, and/or heavy equipment (preferred)
- Understanding of diagrams and schematics in order to accurately inspect and maintain equipment
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Understanding of gasoline, diesel, and liquid propane fuel systems
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must have own tools
- Clean driving record
- Stable work history (if applicable)
- Dependable, self-motivated professional
- Excellent work ethic and a POSITIVE attitude
- Ability to provide references of prior employers (if applicable)
- Company owned service vehicle, gas card, and EZPass
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Plan.
- 401k with partial company match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental life insurance policies
- Paid vacation and comp days
- Paid holidays
To learn more about our growing company, please visit our website at www.easternlifttruck.com
***Eastern Lift Truck Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer***